Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Steele wrote:

> pgBackRest will validate all page checksums (including indexes, etc.) in the
> cluster during backup.  Full backups check everything, incr/differential
> backups check only the files that have changed.

If a table or index file is of zero length when backed up, as in the
described case, nothing will be checked, right?  I mean, there is
nothing externally indicating that the file ought to be of a different
size.  Am I wrong?  So Edson's situation here would not raise any red
flags.