Re: [BUGS] Beta 10 parser error for CREATE STATISTICS IF NOT EXISTS

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUGS] Beta 10 parser error for CREATE STATISTICS IF NOT EXISTS
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I'm not seeing an obvious error in my attempt to use CREATE STATISTICS IF
> NOT EXISTS. Given this is new, maybe there is a bug in the parser.

You're absolutely right, and this is a bug in the parser -- I probably
misplaced the IF NOT EXISTS clause while playing with Tomas' parser
changes.  Here's the fix.  I'm a bit troubled that this change doesn't
seem to affect any tests, so I'll add some before pushing.

(Now, "statistics" being plural would seem to call for CREATE STATISTICS
IF NOT EXIST, rather than EXISTS, but I'll put that thought aside on
account of it being just too weird ...)