Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE
Дата
Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Merlin,

* Merlin Moncure (mmoncure@gmail.com) wrote:
> No one is arguing that that you should send it any every time (at
> least -- I hope not).

I'm not sure I follow how you can avoid that though?

pgbouncer in transaction pooling mode may let a particular connection
die off and then, when you issue a new request, create a new one- which
won't have any prepared queries in it, even though you never lost your
connection to pgbouncer.

That's why I was saying you'd have to send it at the start of every
transaction, which does add to network load and requires parsing, etc.
Would be nice to avoid that, if possible, but I'm not quite sure how.

One thought might be to have the server somehow have a pre-canned set of
queries already set up and ready for you to use when you connect,
without any need to explicitly prepare them, etc.

Just a thought.  I do still like the general idea of INE support for
PREPARE, but perhaps there's a better option.

Thanks!

Stephen