Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device
Дата
Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No spaceleft on device  ("Yuri Levinsky" <yuril@celltick.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2013-06-26 13:14:37 +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >  (Though if it is, it's not apparent why such
> > failures would only be manifesting on the pg_xlog files and not for
> > anything else.)
>
> Well data files are only ever written to in 8k chunks. Maybe these
> errors are only occuring on >8k xlog records such as records with
> multiple full page images. I'm not sure how much we write for other
> types of files but they won't be written to as frequently as xlog or
> data files and might not cause errors that are as noticeable.

We only write xlog in XLOG_BLCKSZ units - which is 8kb by default as
well...

Yuri, have you compiled postgres with nonstandard configure or
pg_config_manual.h settings?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device
Сообщение: Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device