Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I think this is a bad style to use for commit messages.  For GIT, a good
> > commit message is a first line being a summary, and a more extensive
> > message below.
>
> That is just too odd. I think I forgot about the summary idea then.

What is odd?

If I was unclear, look at this status page:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=shortlog

Note that for your commit it only says "PG_MAJORVERSION:".  You have to
open the patch's page to see the rest of the message.