Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> I'm wondering why we are not
> copying comments on cloned indexes. I realize that might involve a bit
> more code, but I think I'd feel happier if we cloned all the comments we
> reasonably could from the outset. Is it really that hard to do?

I found it is not so difficult as I expected; patch attached. Now it copies
comments on indexes and columns of the indexes on INCLUDING COMMENTS.
Regression test and documentation are also adjusted. Please review around
chooseIndexName() and uses of it.

The codes becomes a bit complex and might be ugly because we will have some
duplicated codes; "pg_expression_%d" hacks and uses of ChooseRelationName()
are spread into index.c, indexcmds.c and parse_utilcmd.c.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center