Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Friday 09 January 2004 01:18 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Since Monday, there have been 117 messages on Advocacy, of which about 65
> > consisted of tangents around copyright infringement and MySQL.  Further,
> > Rob's thread was diverted into a discussion of Knoppix CDs, making it
> > impossible for him to filter by thread.  Looking at my personal copy of the
> > archives, this is typical rather than exceptional behavior.
>
> Thread hijacking is far too common.
>
> > Since Rob is offering his company's professional services *as a donation*,
> > he is entitled to put conditions on that donation.   The alternative to
> > setting up a temporary list would be for him to deal with me only, and I
> > don't think you'd prefer that.
>
> Your subject line says temporary.  I could live with that; but I tend to agree
> that it _IS_ what advocacy is for.  The posters just need to be more
> disciplined in not hijacking threads.  But it happens everywhere.  It will
> happen on the marketplan mailing list, too, once enough people subscribe,
> unless thorough education of list posters is made along with active
> moderation.

Why don't we just CC them for specific threads.  I don't care whether
they are voluteering or not, we all are, so why do they get a special
list and attention?

If they subscribe to advocacy with 'nomail', then can post but will not
receive any email that doesn't have them on the CC.

Сообщение: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Сообщение: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic