Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 09 January 2004 01:18 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Since Monday, there have been 117 messages on Advocacy, of which about 65
> consisted of tangents around copyright infringement and MySQL.  Further,
> Rob's thread was diverted into a discussion of Knoppix CDs, making it
> impossible for him to filter by thread.  Looking at my personal copy of the
> archives, this is typical rather than exceptional behavior.

Thread hijacking is far too common.

> Since Rob is offering his company's professional services *as a donation*,
> he is entitled to put conditions on that donation.   The alternative to
> setting up a temporary list would be for him to deal with me only, and I
> don't think you'd prefer that.

Your subject line says temporary.  I could live with that; but I tend to agree
that it _IS_ what advocacy is for.  The posters just need to be more
disciplined in not hijacking threads.  But it happens everywhere.  It will
happen on the marketplan mailing list, too, once enough people subscribe,
unless thorough education of list posters is made along with active
moderation.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

Сообщение: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Сообщение: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing