Re: Paypal

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Paypal
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

> What is it that you feel is customer-abusive about their policies?

It's mostly in the 25-page Terms Of Service document, which I can no longer
access without having an account (which I do not).   More or less, it amounts
to your having to agree that you are not entitled to collect any damages from
Paypal less than $10,000 if they don't want to give them (to be specific, you
have to be awarded damages by an arbitrator selected by Paypal).

I have to admit that I've also heavily perused paypalsucks.com, and was
discouraged by the number of reports there in 2002.  And there's the
class-action lawsuit still proceeding in California and Nebraska.

However, looking at paypalsucks.com, the number of serious angry-customer
reports seems to have decreased sharply in 2003.   This may indicate a change
of practice by Paypal in the wake of negative publicity.   Also, apparently
in a month they will be supervised by the British Financial Authority, which
has *got* to mean some cleaning house.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Paypal WAS: PostgreSQL speakers needed for
Сообщение: Re: Paypal WAS: PostgreSQL speakers needed for