Re: Email signature

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Email signature
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 18:05:55 +0100,
  Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno.leveque@net6d.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry Joshua, but syst. eng. hate html e-mail too. (at least some of
> them;-))
>
> In fact I think there people who don't know there is the choice (only
> html for them. "There is another solution in oulook ?" ) and others.

One thing I have thought of doing is using multipart/alternative to
add a text/html part that didn't match the text/plain part and instead
had a message to please disable html to read this message message.
I figure that most geeks will have set their mailer to prefer text/plain
over text/html instead of going by part order for multipart/alternative
messages. I haven't wanted to spend the work to do this though.

I do run a couple of low volume mailing lists using ezmlm-idx and I
have html stripped out of messages so that pure html messages get
rejected and multipart/alternative messages only end up having
their text/plain parts get through.