Re: Unanswered Questions WAS: An unresolved performance problem.

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Unanswered Questions WAS: An unresolved performance problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Gaetano,

> I seen around a lot of questions are remaining without any reply,
> may be in this period the guys like Tom Lane are too busy.

Yes, they are.   Currently the major contributors are working hard to shape up
both 7.3.3. and 7.4 (and having a long-running discussion about the due date
for 7.4), so they don't have much time for questions.

And for my part, I'm too busy with my paying job to answer all the questions
that get posted, as I suspect are Stephan and Bruno and several other people
who field newbie questions.   Given the flood of requests, I have to
prioritize ... and a question which is missing several crucial details (like
a copy of the query!!!)   is going to get answered way later than a question
which provides all the needed information -- if at all.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions