Re: RedHat attitude

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: RedHat attitude
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> As regards the PostgreSQL license, do you think it is ***technicaly***
> possible to close RedHat database sources? I don't know the PostgreSQL
> license enough to answer the question. Maybe you know the answer, can it
> be done by law?

More to the point ... who cares?  As much as I respect Tom Lane, he is but
one person amongst many developers ... so even if Redhat were to close
*its* database sources, and take Tom away from us, albeit a sad day, there
are others that would fill the gap ...

Personally, I think the bad karma resulting from that would cause them to
think twice very quickly, but hey, its been known to happen ...