Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:53:48PM -0300, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> I just looked at the PgSQL Inc page, on the projects page there is
> a link to www.erserver.com should this be considered current ?
>
> How can one see more details about the commercial replication
> [maybe even including a price ?] with out buying it ?

I don't know the answer to these, sorry; only the PostgreSQL, Inc.
guys do.  I _can_ tell you that the product works similarly to the
rserv code in contrib/, only it has been enhanced, and is
considerably faster.  It _is_ somewhat raw: there are no whizz-bang
administration features, and recovering from a slave failure requires
some effort; nevertheless, it works, and works well even under heavy
load.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110