Re: Dropping Columns

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: Dropping Columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 06:32:13PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:

> How nasty would dropping columns be?
>
> I've just now started going through the source and am trying to find where
> it would fit in... if it could be done without a nightmare.
>
> Any pointers?

Long discussion in February, and again in June in HACKERS. (Hmm, the
new User's Lounge seems to have gone in, but now we've no links to
mail archives. Ah, here's a bookmark I can use to get in.)

Here's one pointer:

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/2000-06/msg00324.html

The search feature on the front page will search the mailing lists for
you, it's just a bit slow.

Oh, look in  <your pgsql source tree>/doc/TODO.detail/drop

Looks like the thread from HACKERS is in there.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer