Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-04-09 Tu 09:45, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 4:54 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> On 2024-04-09 Tu 01:23, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> There is no direct check on test_json_parser_perf.c, either, only a
>> custom rule in the Makefile without specifying something for meson.
>> So it looks like you could do short execution check in a TAP test, at
>> least.
>>
>> Not adding a test for that was deliberate - any sane test takes a while, and I didn't want to spend that much time
onit every time someone runs "make check-world" or equivalent. However, adding a test to run it with a trivial number
ofiterations seems reasonable, so I'll add that. I'll also add a meson target for the binary.

> Okay, but for what purpose? My understanding during review was that
> this was a convenience utility for people who were actively hacking on
> the code (and I used it for exactly that purpose a few months back, so
> I didn't question that any further). Why does the farm need to spend
> any time running it at all?

I think Michael's point was that if we carry the code we should test we
can run it. The other possibility would be just to remove it. I can see
arguments for both.

cheers

andrew

--