Re: Better help output for pgbench -I init_steps

От Tristen Raab
Тема Re: Better help output for pgbench -I init_steps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
make installcheck-world:  not tested
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Hello,

I've reviewed all 4 of your patches, each one applies and builds correctly.

> I think I prefer variant 2.  Currently, we only have 8 steps, so it might
> be overkill to separate them out into a different option.

+1 to this from Peter. Variant 2 is nicely formatted with lots of information which I feel better solves the problem
thispatch is trying to address.

Both versions 3 and 4 are a bit too jumbled for my liking without adding anything significant, even the shortened
version4.

If we were to go with variant 1 however, I think it would add more to have a link to the pgbench documentation that
refersto the different init steps. Perhaps on a new line just under where it says "see pgbench documentation for a
descriptionof these steps".

Overall good patch, I'm a firm believer that more information is always better than less.

Tristen
Software Engineer
HighGo Software Inc. (Canada)
tristen.raab@highgo.ca