Why does pg_ctl.c have its own copy of PM_VERSIONSTR?

От Tom Lane
Тема Why does pg_ctl.c have its own copy of PM_VERSIONSTR?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Why isn't pg_ctl.c using PG_VERSIONSTR from miscadmin.h?  Seems like
this is something that will have to be kept in sync manually (I see
from the CVS logs that Peter already had to do that once).

If the feeling is that miscadmin.h is a backend include file that
shouldn't be used by pg_ctl (which is not totally unreasonable,
though I think there's no harm in it given the current contents
of that file), maybe we should move PG_VERSIONSTR someplace else?