Re: Why is parula failing?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why is parula failing?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> Is it worth running that animal with log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0
> so we can see what's going on in terms of auto-vacuum auto-analyze in
> the log?

Maybe, but I'm not sure.  I thought that if parula were somehow
hitting an ill-timed autovac/autoanalyze, it should be possible to
make that reproducible by inserting "pg_sleep(60)" or so in the test
script, to give the autovac daemon plenty of time to come around and
do the dirty deed.  No luck though --- the results didn't change for
me.  So now I'm not sure what is going on.

Perhaps though it is autovacuum, and there's some environment-specific
enabling condition that parula has and my machine doesn't (which
could also help explain why no other animal is doing this).
So yeah, if we could have log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0 perhaps
that would yield a clue.