Re: Publishing and PostgreSQL

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Publishing and PostgreSQL
Re: Publishing and PostgreSQL  (Jonathan Gennick <jgennick@oreilly.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 18:56 -0400, Jonathan Gennick wrote:
> BTW, according to Bookscan PostgreSQL accounts for only $47k
> of revenue so far this year, less actually than Lisp

Hi Jonathan,

Good to have you post and very interesting too.

You had me until that statement above, cos that just sounds too much
like a self fulfilling prophecy.... especially since, as we know, the
current books are all out of date.

If your average spend on books per download of PostgreSQL is about 6
cents, I think there's something wrong somewhere. [775,000 downloads
this year]

Mind you, a salutory lesson for us all....

Best Regards, Simon Riggs