time in 7.2

От Andrew Bartley
Тема time in 7.2
Дата
Re: time in 7.2
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I am in the middle of converting our application from 7.1 to 7.2. I am encountering a whole host of problems with date time processing. I have found a way around most of them thus far.  But this one I have not yet fixed.

In the following code the "first_time" column is a time type..  without time zone.

select * from visitorhistory
where   visitorhistory.first_time > current_time - interval '10 minutes'

The result

ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '>' for types 'time without time zone' and 'time with time zone'

You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast (State:S1000, Native Code:7)

Stuffed if I can make this work.  Can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

 Andrew