Обсуждение: What are the minimum required permissions for pg_isready

What are the minimum required permissions for pg_isready

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/app-pg-isready.html

Hello,

The documentation does not specify what are the minimum required permissions
for setting up pg_isready .
I was wondering if this could be added so devops teams know how to create a
user that is used only for monitoring postgresql.

I assume this user will need to connect and nothing else ?
I also assume we would need to drop public access for that user ?

Thanks,
Eugen

Re: What are the minimum required permissions for pg_isready

Дата:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> The documentation does not specify what are the minimum required permissions
> for setting up pg_isready .

There are none.  Per the documentation:

    It is not necessary to supply correct user name, password, or
    database name values to obtain the server status; however, if
    incorrect values are provided, the server will log a failed
    connection attempt.

If you don't want log spam about failed connections, you'd need
a user with privilege to connect to the mentioned database.
Otherwise, not.

            regards, tom lane