Обсуждение: Incomplete sentence in the description for most_common_freqs

Incomplete sentence in the description for most_common_freqs

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/view-pg-stats.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/view-pg-stats.html#VIEW-PG-STATS

It seems the ending clarifying sentence:

"(Null when most_common_vals is.)"

should rather be:

"(Null when most_common_vals is null.)"

Thanks,
Nacho

Re: Incomplete sentence in the description for most_common_freqs

Дата:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> It seems the ending clarifying sentence:
> "(Null when most_common_vals is.)"
> should rather be:
> "(Null when most_common_vals is null.)"

I think it's perfectly good English as-is, if a bit terse.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Incomplete sentence in the description for most_common_freqs

От
Nacho Alonso Portillo
Дата:
Thanks Tom!

True it is that is perfectly valid English. However, that interpretation might not result trivial to us non-native English speakers.

Would be great if at some point it could be changed to make it clearer.

BTW, it also appears in the definition of the pg_stats_ext_exprs system view.

Regards,
Nacho