Обсуждение: Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
headerscheck started in 55ea1091884 (2019) essentially as an adjusted
copy of cpluspluscheck.  Since then two scripts have not drifted far
apart.  But there are occasionally mistakes keeping the two exclude
lists updated together.  I figure we can just combine the two scripts
into one, so it's easier to keep updated.

The attached patch adds an option --cplusplus to headerscheck, with
which it does the same thing as cpluspluscheck, and cpluspluscheck is
removed.  The top-level make targets stay the same.
Вложения

Re: Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
+1

Re: Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 01:37:36PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> +1

Looking at the patch, nice cleanup.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 07.03.24 08:30, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 01:37:36PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> +1
>
> Looking at the patch, nice cleanup.

Committed, thanks.

Re: Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

От
Anton Voloshin
Дата:
Hello, hackers,

On 10/03/2024 12:03, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Committed, thanks.

This commit (7b8e2ae2f) have turned cpluspluscheck script into a
--cplusplus option for headerscheck.  I propose to update the
src/tools/pginclude/README correspondingly, please see the attached patch.

--
Anton Voloshin
Postgres Professional, The Russian Postgres Company
Вложения

Re: Combine headerscheck and cpluspluscheck scripts

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 16.04.24 17:17, Anton Voloshin wrote:
> On 10/03/2024 12:03, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Committed, thanks.
>
> This commit (7b8e2ae2f) have turned cpluspluscheck script into a
> --cplusplus option for headerscheck.  I propose to update the
> src/tools/pginclude/README correspondingly, please see the attached patch.

Fixed, thanks!