Обсуждение: meson + libpq_pipeline

meson + libpq_pipeline

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
I just realized while looking at Jelte's patch for the new nonblocking
query cancel stuff that the Meson build doesn't run the libpq_pipeline
tests :-(

Is there any way to wire the tests to make it work?

"I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the
fonts on the menu.  Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking
about food" (Donald Knuth)

Re: meson + libpq_pipeline

От
"Tristan Partin"
Дата:
On Mon Jan 29, 2024 at 11:37 AM CST, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I just realized while looking at Jelte's patch for the new nonblocking
> query cancel stuff that the Meson build doesn't run the libpq_pipeline
> tests :-(
>
> Is there any way to wire the tests to make it work?

I can try to take a look for you. Not sure how hard it will be, but
I can take a crack at it this week.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Re: meson + libpq_pipeline

От
Jelte Fennema-Nio
Дата:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 19:37, Tristan Partin <tristan@neon.tech> wrote:

> On Mon Jan 29, 2024 at 11:37 AM CST, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I just realized while looking at Jelte's patch for the new nonblocking
> > query cancel stuff that the Meson build doesn't run the libpq_pipeline
> > tests :-(
> >
> > Is there any way to wire the tests to make it work?
>
> I can try to take a look for you. Not sure how hard it will be, but
> I can take a crack at it this week.

It already does afaik.

src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline/meson.build includes rules to execute
t/001_libpq_pipeline.pl

And to run a specific test I run the libpq_pipeline binary manually
against some postgres port that is already up:

ninja -C build && build/src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline/libpq_pipeline
cancel 'port=9700'

Re: meson + libpq_pipeline

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 29.01.24 18:37, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I just realized while looking at Jelte's patch for the new nonblocking
> query cancel stuff that the Meson build doesn't run the libpq_pipeline
> tests :-(
>
> Is there any way to wire the tests to make it work?

I think it is running already.

For example, here is a cfbot run (that fails for other reasons, but it
preserves the test artifacts): https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6143446205857792

Here is the libpq_pipeline log:

https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6143446205857792/testrun/build/testrun/libpq_pipeline/001_libpq_pipeline/log/regress_log_001_libpq_pipeline

Re: meson + libpq_pipeline

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2024-Jan-29, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 19:37, Tristan Partin <tristan@neon.tech> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon Jan 29, 2024 at 11:37 AM CST, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > I just realized while looking at Jelte's patch for the new nonblocking
> > > query cancel stuff that the Meson build doesn't run the libpq_pipeline
> > > tests :-(

> > I can try to take a look for you. Not sure how hard it will be, but
> > I can take a crack at it this week.
>
> It already does afaik.
>
> src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline/meson.build includes rules to execute
> t/001_libpq_pipeline.pl

Oh, you're right, I missed that.  I was looking for something in the
meson rules that would run "libpq_pipeline tests", but actually that's
what t/001_libpq_pipeline.pl does internally.  (Probably a good thing
too, because it's quite likely that what libpq_pipeline emits as output
is not valid TAP.  I didn't ever tested it that way.)

Thanks Tristan for offering to help,

"Ninguna manada de bestias tiene una voz tan horrible como la humana" (Orual)