Обсуждение: Remove redundant HandleWalWriterInterrupts()

Remove redundant HandleWalWriterInterrupts()

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
Hi,

Because of commit 1bdd54e662, the code of HandleWalWriterInterrupts()
became the same as HandleMainLoopInterrupts(). So I'd like to propose to
remove HandleWalWriterInterrupts() and make walwriter use
HandleMainLoopInterrupts() instead for improved code simplicity. Thought?

Patch attached.

Fujii Masao

Вложения

Re: Remove redundant HandleWalWriterInterrupts()

От
Bharath Rupireddy
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 5:50 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Because of commit 1bdd54e662, the code of HandleWalWriterInterrupts()
> became the same as HandleMainLoopInterrupts(). So I'd like to propose to
> remove HandleWalWriterInterrupts() and make walwriter use
> HandleMainLoopInterrupts() instead for improved code simplicity. Thought?
>
> Patch attached.

Nice catch. Indeed they both are the same after commit 1bdd54e662. The
patch LGTM.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Re: Remove redundant HandleWalWriterInterrupts()

От
Nathan Bossart
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 07:30:17PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 5:50 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because of commit 1bdd54e662, the code of HandleWalWriterInterrupts()
>> became the same as HandleMainLoopInterrupts(). So I'd like to propose to
>> remove HandleWalWriterInterrupts() and make walwriter use
>> HandleMainLoopInterrupts() instead for improved code simplicity. Thought?
>>
>> Patch attached.
>
> Nice catch. Indeed they both are the same after commit 1bdd54e662. The
> patch LGTM.

LGTM, too.

--
Nathan Bossart

Re: Remove redundant HandleWalWriterInterrupts()

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 4:40 AM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 07:30:17PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 5:50 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Because of commit 1bdd54e662, the code of HandleWalWriterInterrupts()
> >> became the same as HandleMainLoopInterrupts(). So I'd like to propose to
> >> remove HandleWalWriterInterrupts() and make walwriter use
> >> HandleMainLoopInterrupts() instead for improved code simplicity. Thought?
> >>
> >> Patch attached.
> >
> > Nice catch. Indeed they both are the same after commit 1bdd54e662. The
> > patch LGTM.
>
> LGTM, too.

Thank you both for reviewing! I've pushed the patch.

Fujii Masao