Обсуждение: pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

От
Kyotaro Horiguchi
Дата:
Hello.

pg_basebackup.c: got the following message lines:

>    printf(_("  -i, --incremental=OLDMANIFEST\n"));
>    printf(_("                         take incremental backup\n"));

I'd suggest merging these lines as follows (and the attached patch).

> +    printf(_("  -i, --incremental=OLDMANIFEST\n"
> +             "                         take incremental backup\n"));

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Вложения

Re: pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

От
Kyotaro Horiguchi
Дата:
> >    printf(_("  -i, --incremental=OLDMANIFEST\n"));
> >    printf(_("                         take incremental backup\n"));
>
> I'd suggest merging these lines as follows (and the attached patch).
>
> > +    printf(_("  -i, --incremental=OLDMANIFEST\n"
> > +             "                         take incremental backup\n"));

Sorry, but I found another instance of this.

>    printf(_("  -T, --tablespace-mapping=OLDDIR=NEWDIR\n"));
>    printf(_("                            relocate tablespace in OLDDIR to NEWDIR\n"));

The attached patch contains both of the above fixes.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Вложения

Re: pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 02:39:16PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> The attached patch contains both of the above fixes.

Good catches, let's fix them.  You have noticed that while translating
these new messages, I guess?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

От
Kyotaro Horiguchi
Дата:
At Mon, 25 Dec 2023 15:42:41 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 02:39:16PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > The attached patch contains both of the above fixes.
>
> Good catches, let's fix them.  You have noticed that while translating
> these new messages, I guess?

Yes. So, it turns out that they're found after they have been
committed.

Because handling a large volume of translations all at once is
daunting, I am maintaining translations locally to avoid that.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 05:07:28PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Yes. So, it turns out that they're found after they have been
> committed.

No problem.  I've just applied what you had.  I hope this makes your
life a bit easier ;)
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_basebackup has an accidentaly separated help message

От
Kyotaro Horiguchi
Дата:
At Tue, 26 Dec 2023 19:04:53 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 05:07:28PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > Yes. So, it turns out that they're found after they have been
> > committed.
>
> No problem.  I've just applied what you had.  I hope this makes your
> life a bit easier ;)

Thanks for committing this!

regards.