Обсуждение: 'bar' shouldn't be a string in example

'bar' shouldn't be a string in example

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-alterforeigndatawrapper.html

Re. this example:

ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dbi OPTIONS (ADD foo '1', DROP 'bar');

I think "bar" is akin to "foo" and therefore should be similarly an option?
(i.e. not a string value)?

Many thanks

Tim

Re: 'bar' shouldn't be a string in example

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 18 Dec 2023, at 19:06, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dbi OPTIONS (ADD foo '1', DROP 'bar');
>
> I think "bar" is akin to "foo" and therefore should be similarly an option?
> (i.e. not a string value)?

Nice catch, "DROP 'bar'" is considered to be unqualified and thus ADD is
assumed, generating the below options:

postgres=# alter foreign data wrapper dummy options (add foo '1', drop 'bar');
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER
postgres=# select fdwoptions from pg_foreign_data_wrapper where fdwname='dummy';
    fdwoptions
 {foo=1,drop=bar}
(1 row)

This has been incorrect since forever so I will backpatch this into all
supported versions.

--
Daniel Gustafsson