Обсуждение: pg_dump -Are statistics saved?

pg_dump -Are statistics saved?

От
Murthy Nunna

Hello,

We are running pg version 14.4

I did a pg_dump of a fairly large database (~20TB). I plan to pg_restore it on same server after upgrading Linux from Scientific Linux release 7.9 to Alma 9. We are forced to do pg_dump/pg_restore due to glibc collation changes in Alma 9.

The pg_dump (used verbose) log said “pg_dump: reading extended statistics”.

Does it mean it saved statistics and they can be restored with pg_restore? If not, is it necessary to run ANALYZE after pg_restore?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Re: pg_dump -Are statistics saved?

От
"David G. Johnston"