Обсуждение: Regarding the details of postgresql10 download

Regarding the details of postgresql10 download

От
Ramesh Penuballi
Дата:
Dear All,

We are using postgresql9.6 on our Atlassian Servers and planning to perform the upgrades of our applications.

To migrate the applications to latest versions of our applications,as per Atlassian applications supported versions,we have planned several levels of our postgresql upgrades to support the different versions of our Atlassian applications.

We are planning to upgrade postgres versions  from 9.6 to 10 in the 1st level, then from 10 to 12 in the 2nd level and then to 14.

But we are not getting the 10 version of postgresql10 in the download locations of postgres web portal of red hat Linux versions.

It would be great help if we can get the locations where we can download the 10th versions to proceed further as per our plan.

Thanks and regards,
Ramesh Penuballi

Re: Regarding the details of postgresql10 download

От
Ron
Дата:
On 11/14/23 09:39, Ramesh Penuballi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are using postgresql9.6 on our Atlassian Servers and planning to
> perform the upgrades of our applications.
>
> To migrate the applications to latest versions of our applications,as per
> Atlassian applications supported versions,we have planned several levels
> of our postgresql upgrades to support the different versions of our
> Atlassian applications.
>
> We are planning to upgrade postgres versions from 9.6 to 10 in the 1st
> level, then from 10 to 12 in the 2nd level and then to 14.
>

> But we are not getting the 10 version of postgresql10 in the download
> locations of postgres web portal of red hat Linux versions.
>
> It would be great help if we can get the locations where we can download
> the 10th versions to proceed further as per our plan.

Pg 10 has been EOL for a year.  You'll have to find the yum-archive
repository to download 10.  (I don't remember where it is.)

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Regarding the details of postgresql10 download

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2023-11-14 at 21:09 +0530, Ramesh Penuballi wrote:
> We are using postgresql9.6 on our Atlassian Servers and planning to
> perform the upgrades of our applications.
>
> To migrate the applications to latest versions of our applications,as
> per Atlassian applications supported versions,we have planned several
> levels of our postgresql upgrades to support the different versions of
> our Atlassian applications.
>
> We are planning to upgrade postgres versions  from 9.6 to 10 in the
> 1st level, then from 10 to 12 in the 2nd level and then to 14.
>

> But we are not getting the 10 version of postgresql10 in the download
> locations of postgres web portal of red hat Linux versions.
>
> It would be great help if we can get the locations where we can
> download the 10th versions to proceed further as per our plan.

See the instructions at the bottom of this page:

https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages/#pgredhatoldrepos

(You may need to change distro version)

Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor

Re: Regarding the details of postgresql10 download

От
Thomas Kellerer

Ramesh Penuballi schrieb am 14.11.2023 um 16:39:
> We are using postgresql9.6 on our Atlassian Servers and planning to
> perform the upgrades of our applications.
>
> To migrate the applications to latest versions of our applications,as
> per Atlassian applications supported versions,we have planned several
> levels of our postgresql upgrades to support the different versions
> of our Atlassian applications.
>
> We are planning to upgrade postgres versions  from 9.6 to 10 in the
> 1st level, then from 10 to 12 in the 2nd level and then to 14.

Why upgrade in steps?

You can go directly from 9.6 to 14 (or 15 or 16) either using pg_upgrade
or through dump/restore

I don't see a need to install Postgres 10 (or 12) if you want to go to 14

Re: Regarding the details of postgresql10 download

От
Ron
Дата:
We are using postgresql9.6 on our Atlassian Servers and planning to
perform the upgrades of our applications.

To migrate the applications to latest versions of our applications,as
per Atlassian applications supported versions,we have planned several
levels of our postgresql upgrades to support the different versions
of our Atlassian applications.

We are planning to upgrade postgres versions  from 9.6 to 10 in the
1st level, then from 10 to 12 in the 2nd level and then to 14.
Why upgrade in steps?

You can go directly from 9.6 to 14 (or 15 or 16) either using pg_upgrade
or through dump/restore

I don't see a need to install Postgres 10 (or 12) if you want to go to 14

Application software migrations can require multiple jumps like that.

Usually in those situations, though, it's really really old application/DB/OS combos.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.