Обсуждение: Service outage list

Service outage list

От
Rajesh Kumar
Дата:
In postgres, is there a way to find out the list of dates of malfunctions of db or app for one year.

Re: Service outage list

От
Olivier Gautherot
Дата:
Hi Rajesh,

El mar, 12 sept 2023 9:04, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> escribió:
In postgres, is there a way to find out the list of dates of malfunctions of db or app for one year.

This is a very generic question. You may want to check apps like Nagios - there are many alternatives. As there are many reasons a database may fail (CPU load, memory, network, disk...), you will probably want a list of sensors.

Just keep in mind that these apps may also fail...

Regards

Re: Service outage list

От
"Dischner, Anton"

Hi Rajesh,

we are using uptima-kuma in a professional environment with good results.

You can monitor health of PG, disk space, ping etc.

As a docker container ist very easy to install and run,

best,

Anton

https://github.com/louislam/uptime-kuma

In postgres, is there a way to find out the list of dates of malfunctions of db or app for one year.

This is a very generic question. You may want to check apps like Nagios - there are many alternatives. As there are many reasons a database may fail (CPU load, memory, network, disk...), you will probably want a list of sensors.

Just keep in mind that these apps may also fail...

Regards

Re: Service outage list

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
In postgres, is there a way to find out the list of dates of malfunctions of db or app for one year.

It produces log entries continuously, including when starting and stopping.

David J.

Re: Service outage list

От
Rajesh Kumar
Дата:
Seems like I have logs for only one week. How exactly to check in logs for service outage details? Any keywords to find? How do I check service outage details for past?

In postgres, is there a way to find out the list of dates of malfunctions of db or app for one year.

It produces log entries continuously, including when starting and stopping.

David J.

Re: Service outage list

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
Seems like I have logs for only one week. How exactly to check in logs for service outage details? Any keywords to find? How do I check service outage details for past?

Create an outage in development and see what the logs produce.  If you didn’t keep the log data out to a year ago you cannot learn what happened a year ago.  Not all outages are db related, it can be running but be unreachable.

Please don’t top-post replies.

David J.