Обсуждение: Clean up JumbleQuery() from query text

Clean up JumbleQuery() from query text

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

Joe has reported me offlist that JumbleQuery() includes a dependency
to the query text, but we don't use that anymore as the query ID is
generated from the Query structure instead.

Any thoughts about the cleanup attached?  But at the same time, this
is simple and a new thing, so I'd rather clean up that now rather than
later.

It is not urgent, so I am fine to postpone that after beta2 is
released on 17~ if there are any objections to that, of course.

Thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Clean up JumbleQuery() from query text

От
Nathan Bossart
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 05:44:49PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Joe has reported me offlist that JumbleQuery() includes a dependency
> to the query text, but we don't use that anymore as the query ID is
> generated from the Query structure instead.
>
> Any thoughts about the cleanup attached?  But at the same time, this
> is simple and a new thing, so I'd rather clean up that now rather than
> later.

LGTM

> It is not urgent, so I am fine to postpone that after beta2 is
> released on 17~ if there are any objections to that, of course.

Even if extensions are using it, GA for v16 is still a few months away, so
IMO it's okay to apply it to v16.

--
Nathan Bossart

Re: Clean up JumbleQuery() from query text

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 08:51:17AM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 05:44:49PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> It is not urgent, so I am fine to postpone that after beta2 is
>> released on 17~ if there are any objections to that, of course.
>
> Even if extensions are using it, GA for v16 is still a few months away, so
> IMO it's okay to apply it to v16.

Okay, thanks.  I am adding the RMT in CC in case there are any
objections, but I guess that this one will be OK even if applied in
the next couple of days for 16.
--
Michael

Вложения