Обсуждение: pass open cursor via USING in execute staement

pass open cursor via USING in execute staement

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/plpgsql-statements.html

Should be documented if this statement is allowed or not (if not, maybe set
as desired feature :-) )

EXECUTE format('update %I set col1=$1, col2=now() WHERE current of $3',
tabname)
   USING myVal, myOpenCursor;

Re: pass open cursor via USING in execute staement

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Wed, 2023-05-31 at 22:57 +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/plpgsql-statements.html
>
> Should be documented if this statement is allowed or not (if not, maybe set
> as desired feature :-) )
>
> EXECUTE format('update %I set col1=$1, col2=now() WHERE current of $3',
> tabname)
>    USING myVal, myOpenCursor;

That is not supported.  Parameters can only be used in a place where constants
(SQL literals) might appear, not instead of identifiers (names of tables, columns etc.)

I looked, and that is really not documented anywhere.
One of PREPARE or the extended query protocol might be good places.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: pass open cursor via USING in execute staement

От
Lorusso Domenico
Дата:
Yes, I agree, but also in cursor page.
Talking about cursor I can't find example that shows how pass a bounded cursor to a function or procedure (must be already open? must be declared in some specific way?)

--
Domenico L.

per stupire mezz'ora basta un libro di storia,
io cercai di imparare la Treccani a memoria... [F.d.A.]

Re: pass open cursor via USING in execute staement

От
Kirk Wolak