Обсуждение: Reorder connection markers in libpq TAP tests

Reorder connection markers in libpq TAP tests

От
Gurjeet Singh
Дата:
Commit 7f5b198 introduced TAP tests that use string literals to mark
the presence of a query in server logs. For no explicable reason, the
tests with the marker 'connect2' occur before the tests that use
'connect1' marker.

The attached patch swaps the connection marker strings so that a
reader doesn't have to spend extra deciphering why 'connect2' tests
appear before 'connect1' tests.

Best regards,
Gurjeet https://Gurje.et
Postgres Contributors Team, http://aws.amazon.com

Вложения

Re: Reorder connection markers in libpq TAP tests

От
Gurjeet Singh
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 11:00 PM Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:

> Commit 7f5b198 introduced TAP tests that use string literals to mark
> the presence of a query in server logs. For no explicable reason, the
> tests with the marker 'connect2' occur before the tests that use
> 'connect1' marker.
>
> The attached patch swaps the connection marker strings so that a
> reader doesn't have to spend extra deciphering why 'connect2' tests
> appear before 'connect1' tests.

Please see attached v2 of the patch. It now includes same fix in
another TAP tests file.

Best regards,
Gurjeet https://Gurje.et
Postgres Contributors Team, http://aws.amazon.com

Вложения

Re: Reorder connection markers in libpq TAP tests

От
Jelte Fennema
Дата:
LGTM I guess this was an unintended leftover from me reordering the tests a bit in the final stages of getting these patches in.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 at 08:38, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 11:00 PM Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:

> Commit 7f5b198 introduced TAP tests that use string literals to mark
> the presence of a query in server logs. For no explicable reason, the
> tests with the marker 'connect2' occur before the tests that use
> 'connect1' marker.
>
> The attached patch swaps the connection marker strings so that a
> reader doesn't have to spend extra deciphering why 'connect2' tests
> appear before 'connect1' tests.

Please see attached v2 of the patch. It now includes same fix in
another TAP tests file.

Best regards,
Gurjeet https://Gurje.et
Postgres Contributors Team, http://aws.amazon.com

Re: Reorder connection markers in libpq TAP tests

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 21 Apr 2023, at 08:38, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 11:00 PM Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
>>
>> Commit 7f5b198 introduced TAP tests that use string literals to mark
>> the presence of a query in server logs. For no explicable reason, the
>> tests with the marker 'connect2' occur before the tests that use
>> 'connect1' marker.
>>
>> The attached patch swaps the connection marker strings so that a
>> reader doesn't have to spend extra deciphering why 'connect2' tests
>> appear before 'connect1' tests.
>
> Please see attached v2 of the patch. It now includes same fix in
> another TAP tests file.

-      'Potentially unsafe test load_balance not enabled in PG_TEST_EXTRA';
+      'Potentially unsafe test; load_balance not enabled in PG_TEST_EXTRA';

We have this spelling without a ';' in multiple places so I left this alone.

I have applied this version of the patch apart from the above hunk. Thanks!

--
Daniel Gustafsson