Обсуждение: Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" and rearranged "Alter TYPE typename RENAME"

Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" and rearranged "Alter TYPE typename RENAME"

От
vignesh C
Дата:
Hi,

This patch does a couple of things:
a) Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" was missing. Added tab
completion for the same. b) Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE <sth>
RENAME VALUE" was not along with tab completion of "ALTER TYPE"
commands, it was present after "ALTER GROUP <foo>", rearranged "ALTER
TYPE <sth> RENAME VALUE", so that it is along with "ALTER TYPE"
commands.

Attached patch has the changes for the same. Thoughts?

Regards,
Vignesh

Вложения

Re: Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" and rearranged "Alter TYPE typename RENAME"

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 08:25:01AM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> Attached patch has the changes for the same. Thoughts?
>
> a) Add tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" was missing.

Why not.  I can also note that CREATE TYPE lists all the properties
that can be set to a new type.  We could bother adding these for ALTER
TYPE, perhaps?

> b) Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE <sth> RENAME VALUE" was not along with tab
> completion of "ALTER TYPE" commands, it was present after "ALTER GROUP
> <foo>", rearranged "ALTER TYPE <sth> RENAME VALUE", so that it is along with
> "ALTER TYPE" commands.

Yeah, no objections to keep that grouped.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" and rearranged "Alter TYPE typename RENAME"

От
vignesh C
Дата:
On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 3:41 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 08:25:01AM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> > Attached patch has the changes for the same. Thoughts?
> >
> > a) Add tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" was missing.
>
> Why not.  I can also note that CREATE TYPE lists all the properties
> that can be set to a new type.  We could bother adding these for ALTER
> TYPE, perhaps?

Modified the patch to list all the properties in case of "ALTER TYPE
typename SET (". I have included the properties in alphabetical order
as I notice that the ordering is in alphabetical order in few cases
ex: "ALTER SUBSCRIPTION <name> SET (". The attached v2 patch has the
changes for the same. Thoughts?

Regards,
Vignesh

Вложения

Re: Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" and rearranged "Alter TYPE typename RENAME"

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 07:56:00PM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> Modified the patch to list all the properties in case of "ALTER TYPE
> typename SET (". I have included the properties in alphabetical order
> as I notice that the ordering is in alphabetical order in few cases
> ex: "ALTER SUBSCRIPTION <name> SET (". The attached v2 patch has the
> changes for the same. Thoughts?

Seems fine here, so applied after tweaking a bit the comments, mostly
for consistency with the area.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Tab completion for "ALTER TYPE typename SET" and rearranged "Alter TYPE typename RENAME"

От
vignesh C
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 10:42 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 07:56:00PM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> > Modified the patch to list all the properties in case of "ALTER TYPE
> > typename SET (". I have included the properties in alphabetical order
> > as I notice that the ordering is in alphabetical order in few cases
> > ex: "ALTER SUBSCRIPTION <name> SET (". The attached v2 patch has the
> > changes for the same. Thoughts?
>
> Seems fine here, so applied after tweaking a bit the comments, mostly
> for consistency with the area.

Thanks for pushing this patch.

Regards,
Vignesh