Обсуждение: Accessing git.postgresql.org fails

Accessing git.postgresql.org fails

От
Tatsuo Ishii
This is ok:

git clone ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

But this fails:
$ git clone ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
Cloning into 'postgresql'...
Permission denied on repository for user ishii

and the repository exists.

Is accessing git.postgresql.org wrong and should we access
gitmaster.postgresql.org instead?

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Accessing git.postgresql.org fails

Дата:
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> This is ok:
> git clone ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

That's the thing to use if you're a committer.

> But this fails:
> $ git clone ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

Per [1], the recommended git URL for non-committers is

https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git

not ssh:.  I'm not sure that ssh: has ever worked --- wouldn't it
require an account on the target machine?

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git

Re: Accessing git.postgresql.org fails

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 4:52 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> This is ok:
> git clone ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

That's the thing to use if you're a committer.

> But this fails:
> $ git clone ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

Per [1], the recommended git URL for non-committers is

https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git

not ssh:.  I'm not sure that ssh: has ever worked --- wouldn't it
require an account on the target machine?

That's correct.

ssh works if you have committer access on the repo at git.postgresql.org. Since the main postgresql.git repo there is a mirror only, nobody has commit access there, so it doesn't work (but there are other repos hosted on the same server that does have committers). But for the postgresql.git repo, it has never worked on that server.

--

Re: Accessing git.postgresql.org fails

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>> This is ok:
>> git clone ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
>
> That's the thing to use if you're a committer.
>
>> But this fails:
>> $ git clone ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
>
> Per [1], the recommended git URL for non-committers is
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git
>
> not ssh:.  I'm not sure that ssh: has ever worked --- wouldn't it
> require an account on the target machine?

I know. My point is, if ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
does not work for even committers, shouldn't descriptions at:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary be
changed?

description    This is the main PostgreSQL git repository.
owner    Magnus Hagander
last change    Sat, 30 Apr 2022 16:05:32 +0000 (09:05 -0700)
URL    git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git
    https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git
    ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

I think:
    ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/postgresql.git