Обсуждение: EDB 9.6 installer

EDB 9.6 installer

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
Per this SO question:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69998267/postgresql-9-6x-installers-for-windows-are-no-longer-available?noredirect=1#comment123739665_69998267

and follow up question to list:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKjsY4kbrNqTwFL%3DHViYC9kGgctnONnCtgnR0Mge6TXV4UU2Hg%40mail.gmail.com

Is there a reason this:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

goes from 9.5.25 (Not supported) to 10.19 without a 9.6.x installer?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
Per this SO question:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69998267/postgresql-9-6x-installers-for-windows-are-no-longer-available?noredirect=1#comment123739665_69998267

and follow up question to list:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKjsY4kbrNqTwFL%3DHViYC9kGgctnONnCtgnR0Mge6TXV4UU2Hg%40mail.gmail.com

Is there a reason this:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

goes from 9.5.25 (Not supported) to 10.19 without a 9.6.x installer?

I think you managed to follow the link trail all the way except for the one page which told you the correct place to contact about it :)

"Note! This installer is hosted by EDB and not on the PostgreSQL community servers. If you have issues with the website it's hosted on, please contact webmaster@enterprisedb.com."

Regardless of contact path though -- only EDB decides which versions to publish, so someone from EDB will have to explain how we ended up there. It *is* an unsupported version so dropping it would certainly be OK -- but I agree it looks weird to have other, older, unsupported versions still up there.

--

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/17/21 09:10, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>

> I think you managed to follow the link trail all the way except for the
> one page which told you the correct place to contact about it :)

Yeah, further meandering on my part found the below and I sent an email
to the address shortly after my email to this list. Thanks.

> "Note! This installer is hosted by EDB and not on the PostgreSQL
> community servers. If you have issues with the website it's hosted on,
> please contact webmaster@enterprisedb.com
> <mailto:webmaster@enterprisedb.com>."

supported versions

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Dave Page

Regardless of contact path though -- only EDB decides which versions to publish, so someone from EDB will have to explain how we ended up there. It *is* an unsupported version so dropping it would certainly be OK -- but I agree it looks weird to have other, older, unsupported versions still up there.

It is supposed to be there - it got accidentally removed during an edit. I've asked the web team to fix it ASAP.

--

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/17/21 12:58, Dave Page wrote:

> It is supposed to be there - it got accidentally removed during an edit.
> I've asked the web team to fix it ASAP.

Any word on this?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Dave Page

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 11:47 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/17/21 12:58, Dave Page wrote:

> It is supposed to be there - it got accidentally removed during an edit.
> I've asked the web team to fix it ASAP.

Any word on this?

It apparently landed on the todo list of a new member of the web team who didn't fully appreciate the importance. I've made it clear that it needs to be fixed today.

Apologies for the delay.

--

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/22/21 01:20, Dave Page wrote:

> It apparently landed on the todo list of a new member of the web team
> who didn't fully appreciate the importance. I've made it clear that it
> needs to be fixed today.

It's up there.

Thanks.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: EDB 9.6 installer

От
Dave Page

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 4:33 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/22/21 01:20, Dave Page wrote:

> It apparently landed on the todo list of a new member of the web team
> who didn't fully appreciate the importance. I've made it clear that it
> needs to be fixed today.

It's up there.

Thanks for letting us know!