Обсуждение: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

Дата:
Fix incorrect format placeholder.

Per buildfarm warnings.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b0cf5444f9a8d915b2e9b44790025f17a7dc107f

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_receivewal.c | 2 +-

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 07:32:41PM +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> Fix incorrect format placeholder.
>
> Per buildfarm warnings.

Thanks, that's embarassing.  The last time I bumped into this issue,
the report came from lapwing which would directly report a failure,
but it did not happen this time.  Which animal has reported that?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

Дата:
> Thanks, that's embarassing.  The last time I bumped into this issue,
> the report came from lapwing which would directly report a failure,
> but it did not happen this time.  Which animal has reported that?

Umm ... florican and dangomushi spotted it.  Maybe we need a 32-bit
machine with -Werror?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 12:19:36AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Umm ... florican and dangomushi spotted it.  Maybe we need a 32-bit
> machine with -Werror?

Indeed, I can see it in the logs of dangomushi.  I could add a -Werror
there, but there are also a bunch of warnings generated by plperl.
I'd rather keep --with-perl and clang, and there seems to be a fix
regarding that stuff in upstream:
https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.changes/2021/07/msg57758.html

But it also looks like Archlinux ARM did not catch up that yet..
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

Дата:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 12:19:36AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Umm ... florican and dangomushi spotted it.  Maybe we need a 32-bit
>> machine with -Werror?

> Indeed, I can see it in the logs of dangomushi.  I could add a -Werror
> there, but there are also a bunch of warnings generated by plperl.

Yeah, we had complaints before about -Wcompound-token-split-by-macro
warnings.

> I'd rather keep --with-perl and clang, and there seems to be a fix
> regarding that stuff in upstream:
> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.changes/2021/07/msg57758.html

I figured the Perl guys would do something about it, but it will be a
very long time before that propagates everywhere.  Maybe we should
teach configure to add -Wno-compound-token-split-by-macro?  By my
count there are now five buildfarm members besides dangomushi that
are producing these warnings, and I think the number is going to
go up before it goes down.

(Meanwhile, I guess I could enable -Werror on florican.)

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 01:06:26AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I figured the Perl guys would do something about it, but it will be a
> very long time before that propagates everywhere.  Maybe we should
> teach configure to add -Wno-compound-token-split-by-macro?  By my
> count there are now five buildfarm members besides dangomushi that
> are producing these warnings, and I think the number is going to
> go up before it goes down.
>
> (Meanwhile, I guess I could enable -Werror on florican.)

Yeah, you have a point here.  -Wcompound-token-split-by-macro is new
as of clang-12 from last April, so I am a bit surprised that it is
that present in the buildfarm TBH.

The attached is sufficient to remove those warnings.  Debian provides
clang-12, so it is easy to reproduce the problem.

What do you think?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

Дата:
> Yeah, you have a point here.  -Wcompound-token-split-by-macro is new
> as of clang-12 from last April, so I am a bit surprised that it is
> that present in the buildfarm TBH.

> The attached is sufficient to remove those warnings.  Debian provides
> clang-12, so it is easy to reproduce the problem.

OK by me, but probably should raise the issue in -hackers not just
-committers.  Also, please back-patch once the release freeze lifts.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Fix incorrect format placeholder.

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 09:40:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> OK by me, but probably should raise the issue in -hackers not just
> -committers.  Also, please back-patch once the release freeze lifts.

Sure.
--
Michael

Вложения