Обсуждение: initdb: nothing about template0

initdb: nothing about template0

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/app-initdb.html

Is it correct that this page does not contain information about the
template0 database.
The same goes for the "Create Database Cluster" page
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/creating-cluster.html).

Maybe it makes sense to add that template0 is also created when the database
cluster is initialized?

Re: initdb: nothing about template0

Дата:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> Is it correct that this page does not contain information about the
> template0 database.
> The same goes for the "Create Database Cluster" page
> (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/creating-cluster.html).

Yeah, this text evidently wasn't updated when we invented template0.
I'll go do something about that --- thanks for the suggestion!

            regards, tom lane