Обсуждение: BUG #17256: Running pgagent on a custom user

BUG #17256: Running pgagent on a custom user

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      17256
Logged by:          Daniel Rybakiewicz
Email address:      daniel.rybakiewicz@raben-group.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.4
Operating system:   Redhat 8

Good morning,

I am trying to run PGAGENT on a user other than POSTGRES.

I did:
1.drop extension pgagent (on postgres user)
2.create extensions pgagent (on pgjobs users)
3. I've set up the .pgpass file
4. I have set up the /etc/pgagent/pgagent_13.conf file
DBNAME = pgjobs
DBUSER = pgjobs
DBHOST = 127.0.0.1
DBPORT = 5432

when I'm logged in as a PGJOBS user in PGADMIN, I don't see the "pgagent
jobs" option. I only see it if I create an extension on the postgres user
and the goal is to create this on a custom user.

In addition, when I look in the schemas on the pgjobs user, PGADMIN I do not
see the PGAGENT scheme. When it searches for a list of schemas from SQL,
this schema exists.
As I did drop extension pgagent, the scheme appeared in PGADMIN.

Please let me know how I can use PGAGENT in PGADMIN on a custom database
user.

Re: BUG #17256: Running pgagent on a custom user

От
"David G. Johnston"
I am trying to run PGAGENT on a user other than POSTGRES.

The project (core PostgreSQL) this list is maintained by does not develop the pgagent application.  You should search out and post your questions to whatever support forum is provided by it’s authors.

David J.