Обсуждение: Can I make logical replication behave like synchronous streaming?

Can I make logical replication behave like synchronous streaming?

От
sbob
Дата:
All;

We are going to be replication across platforms (risc ti intel), so we
will be using logical replication (PostgreSQL v11)

However we need a sunchronous solution as opposed to async.

Does logical replication perform like synchronous streaming? If not can
I force it to do so?

Thanks in advance

Re: Can I make logical replication behave like synchronous streaming?

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 15:47 -0600, sbob wrote:
> Does logical replication perform like synchronous streaming? If not can
> I force it to do so?

Sure!

Set "application_name" to some name in the CONNECTION clause of
CREATE SUBSCRIPTION and use that name in "synchronous_standby_names"
on the primary.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Can I make logical replication behave like synchronous streaming?

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 at 22:47, sbob <sbob@quadratum-braccas.com> wrote:

> We are going to be replication across platforms (risc ti intel), so we
> will be using logical replication (PostgreSQL v11)
>
> However we need a synchronous solution as opposed to async.
>

> Does logical replication perform like synchronous streaming? If not can
> I force it to do so?

Yes, it is designed to use the same connection interfaces.