Обсуждение: Removing deprecated HTML from the security page

Removing deprecated HTML from the security page

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
I noticed that our security page use two deprecated constructs, the <nobr> tag
(which also isn't allowed in <td> context) and the name attribute on <a>.  The
attached replaces the former with CSS and the latter with the recommended ID
tag.

Re: Removing deprecated HTML from the security page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
I noticed that our security page use two deprecated constructs, the <nobr> tag
(which also isn't allowed in <td> context) and the name attribute on <a>.  The
attached replaces the former with CSS and the latter with the recommended ID
tag.

LGTM.

For 0001 I would consider maybe using a name for what it is ("cve-number") rather than what it does ("nobr"), in case we want to add on more formatting on it later. But it's such a trivial case that it probably doesn't matter until we actually have some such special formatting to add.

--

Re: Removing deprecated HTML from the security page

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 10 Oct 2021, at 23:27, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> For 0001 I would consider maybe using a name for what it is ("cve-number") rather than what it does ("nobr"), in case
wewant to add on more formatting on it later. But it's such a trivial case that it probably doesn't matter until we
actuallyhave some such special formatting to add.

I considered that too, but came to the same conclusion that it's such a small
and simple class that we can deal with that when the need arises.

Pushed and verified in Chrome and Firefox.