Обсуждение: gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
I noticed some changes on git.postgresql.org recently. Both diffs and
source code now use the default 8 spaces per tab, not the Postgres
standard 4.

Is this some kind of regression? Might somebody have overlook the need
to migrate a /etc/gitweb.conf file, or something like that?

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 6:04 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> I noticed some changes on git.postgresql.org recently. Both diffs and
> source code now use the default 8 spaces per tab, not the Postgres
> standard 4.
>
> Is this some kind of regression? Might somebody have overlook the need
> to migrate a /etc/gitweb.conf file, or something like that?

Can you approximately define "recently"?

Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 9:55 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Can you approximately define "recently"?
>
> Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

Weeks, certainly. Maybe as long as 2 months.

It's also been glitchy during that time in various other ways (hanging
intermittently, stuff like that), which was also new. No idea why.
Can't remember which issue started first.

Note that it hasn't hung or displayed an error in a while now, except
for the remaining tabs/spaces issue. And that there were never any
problems up until late last year.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 6:58 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 9:55 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> > Can you approximately define "recently"?
> >
> > Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?
>
> Weeks, certainly. Maybe as long as 2 months.
>
> It's also been glitchy during that time in various other ways (hanging
> intermittently, stuff like that), which was also new. No idea why.
> Can't remember which issue started first.
>
> Note that it hasn't hung or displayed an error in a while now, except
> for the remaining tabs/spaces issue. And that there were never any
> problems up until late last year.

Thanks -- that was a "good enough specification". I've found the
problem -- there was an upgrade to gitweb at the time and it seems to
have lost the functionality -- because we had a custom patch for it.
I'll put on my list to see if I can rebase that (simple) patch on top
of the new version.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 5:34 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 6:58 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 9:55 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> > > Can you approximately define "recently"?
> > >
> > > Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?
> >
> > Weeks, certainly. Maybe as long as 2 months.
> >
> > It's also been glitchy during that time in various other ways (hanging
> > intermittently, stuff like that), which was also new. No idea why.
> > Can't remember which issue started first.
> >
> > Note that it hasn't hung or displayed an error in a while now, except
> > for the remaining tabs/spaces issue. And that there were never any
> > problems up until late last year.
>

> Thanks -- that was a "good enough specification". I've found the
> problem -- there was an upgrade to gitweb at the time and it seems to
> have lost the functionality -- because we had a custom patch for it.
> I'll put on my list to see if I can rebase that (simple) patch on top
> of the new version.

Found it, and should now be fixed!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: gitweb configuration, tabs and spaces

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 1:58 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote: