Обсуждение: feature-request: advance mailing list archives search by threads

feature-request: advance mailing list archives search by threads

От
Masahiro Ikeda
Дата:
Hi,

I always search from the mailing list archives.
https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1

This is very helpful for new developers like me to know what is
discussed in the past. But, I think it's better to add an option
to search by threads because there is a case to want to know not
only per message but also per discussion.

For example, although the number of the following query's result is 53,
the number of the unique thread is almost only 10.
https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=wal+writer&l=1&d=365&s=r

What do you think?

Best Regards,
--
Masahiro Ikeda
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 1:58 AM Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I always search from the mailing list archives.
> https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1
>
> This is very helpful for new developers like me to know what is
> discussed in the past. But, I think it's better to add an option
> to search by threads because there is a case to want to know not
> only per message but also per discussion.
>
> For example, although the number of the following query's result is 53,
> the number of the unique thread is almost only 10.
> https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=wal+writer&l=1&d=365&s=r
>
> What do you think?

Hi!

This was brought up before, at for example
https://postgr.es/m/CAKFQuwZ1YJW3OUv4Z_fNsJ4-s1n0+WzhoK9tXguNE1VcFX7y0Q@mail.gmail.com

I think the consensus there was "yes, that would be a good idea".

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Masahiro Ikeda
Дата:
On 2021-02-01 02:19, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 1:58 AM Masahiro Ikeda
> <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I always search from the mailing list archives.
>> https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1
>>
>> This is very helpful for new developers like me to know what is
>> discussed in the past. But, I think it's better to add an option
>> to search by threads because there is a case to want to know not
>> only per message but also per discussion.
>>
>> For example, although the number of the following query's result is
>> 53,
>> the number of the unique thread is almost only 10.
>> https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=wal+writer&l=1&d=365&s=r
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Hi!
>
> This was brought up before, at for example
> https://postgr.es/m/CAKFQuwZ1YJW3OUv4Z_fNsJ4-s1n0+WzhoK9tXguNE1VcFX7y0Q@mail.gmail.com
>
> I think the consensus there was "yes, that would be a good idea".

Thanks! I understood the consensus.

Masahiro Ikeda
NTT DATA CORPORATION