Обсуждение: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

Manager for commit fest 2020-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

We are going to be in September in a couple of hours, meaning that the
second commit fest for Postgres 14 will begin soon.  Do we have any
volunteers to take the role of CFM this time?

Michael

Вложения

Re: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 04:37:12PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> We are going to be in September in a couple of hours, meaning that the
> second commit fest for Postgres 14 will begin soon.  Do we have any
> volunteers to take the role of CFM this time?

As of the moment this message is written, 10 hours remain until we are
the 1st of September AoE, where I'll switch the commit fest as
officially in progress.  It will not be possible to register new
patches to 2020-09 after that.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 10:43:47AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As of the moment this message is written, 10 hours remain until we are
> the 1st of September AoE, where I'll switch the commit fest as
> officially in progress.  It will not be possible to register new
> patches to 2020-09 after that.

The commit fest is marked as officially running now.  Not seeing any
volunteers around, I'll do the CFM duties for this one.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
On 2020/09/01 10:43, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 04:37:12PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> We are going to be in September in a couple of hours, meaning that the
>> second commit fest for Postgres 14 will begin soon.  Do we have any
>> volunteers to take the role of CFM this time?
>
> As of the moment this message is written, 10 hours remain until we are
> the 1st of September AoE, where I'll switch the commit fest as
> officially in progress.  It will not be possible to register new
> patches to 2020-09 after that.

2020-11 is also now showing as "in progress", is that correct?

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 09:28:07AM +0900, Ian Barwick wrote:
> 2020-11 is also now showing as "in progress", is that correct?

It was not.  Thanks!
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 10:43:47AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As of the moment this message is written, 10 hours remain until we are
> the 1st of September AoE, where I'll switch the commit fest as
> officially in progress.  It will not be possible to register new
> patches to 2020-09 after that.

And one month later, here we are with the following results and a CF
now closed:
Committed: 48
Moved to next CF: 147
Withdrawn: 4
Rejected: 3
Returned with Feedback: 33
Total: 235

I have noticed that a lot of patches, more than usual actually per the
impression I got, had an incorrect status.  When sending a rebased
patch or after doing a review, please make sure that the status of the
patch is updated accordingly.  This helps in making less mistakes when
patches are moved around.  A second thing is that we had, as usual, a
high number of patches waiting in the app for more than one commit
fest, waiting for some good souls to review them.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Manager for commit fest 2020-09

> And one month later, here we are with the following results and a CF
> now closed:
> Committed: 48
> Moved to next CF: 147
> Withdrawn: 4
> Rejected: 3
> Returned with Feedback: 33
> Total: 235

Once again, thanks for doing all that tedious work!

            regards, tom lane