Обсуждение: pgsql: Make install-tests target work with vpath builds

pgsql: Make install-tests target work with vpath builds

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Make install-tests target work with vpath builds

Also add a top-level install-tests target.

Backpatch to all live branches.

Craig Ringer, tweaked by me.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/af4ea507c3d9217579a8d75fc17f4796a9bab0bb

Modified Files
--------------
GNUmakefile.in               | 1 +
src/test/regress/GNUmakefile | 4 ++--

Re: pgsql: Make install-tests target work with vpath builds

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi Andrew,

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:37:17PM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Make install-tests target work with vpath builds
>
> Also add a top-level install-tests target.
>
> Backpatch to all live branches.
>
> Craig Ringer, tweaked by me.

Please note that you have forgotten a "Discussion:" tag here.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Make install-tests target work with vpath builds

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 6/1/20 2:17 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:37:17PM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Make install-tests target work with vpath builds
>>
>> Also add a top-level install-tests target.
>>
>> Backpatch to all live branches.
>>
>> Craig Ringer, tweaked by me.
> Please note that you have forgotten a "Discussion:" tag here.

There wasn't really very much discussion. Do we have a policy of using
that tag for every single commit, or only when there's something of
value in the mailing list?

cheers

andrew

Re: pgsql: Make install-tests target work with vpath builds

Дата:
>> Please note that you have forgotten a "Discussion:" tag here.

> There wasn't really very much discussion. Do we have a policy of using
> that tag for every single commit, or only when there's something of
> value in the mailing list?

There's no hard-and-fast policies about commit messages.  Having said
that, I'd err on the side of linking to any related discussion, even
if there wasn't much.

            regards, tom lane