Обсуждение: Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs

Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-creategroup.html

Hello,
This page says that "CREATE GROUP is now an alias for CREATE ROLE.",
But when u check the CREATE ROLE, u see they have different options,
I don't know if this is on purpose or not, But if it's just an alias, then
they should have the same options
If it's not the "exact same", then I guess there should be some explanations
about it
Thanks

Re: Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs

От
Euler Taveira
Дата:
This page says that "CREATE GROUP is now an alias for CREATE ROLE.",
But when u check the CREATE ROLE, u see they have different options,
I don't know if this is on purpose or not, But if it's just an alias, then
they should have the same options
If it's not the "exact same", then I guess there should be some explanations
about it

It seems an oversight. I'm attaching patches to fix it in all supported branches. v11 can be applied cleanly to v12/master.

Euler Taveira                 http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs

Дата:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> This page says that "CREATE GROUP is now an alias for CREATE ROLE.",
> But when u check the CREATE ROLE, u see they have different options,

The implementations are the same, as you could easily find by experiment.
Looks like people have been sloppy about updating the manual page for
CREATE GROUP though :-(.  Will fix, thanks for the report!

            regards, tom lane

Re: Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs

Дата:
Euler Taveira <euler.taveira@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> It seems an oversight. I'm attaching patches to fix it in all supported
> branches. v11 can be applied cleanly to v12/master.

Ah, I'd already done this before seeing your response :-(

            regards, tom lane