Обсуждение: BUG #16227: Loss database tables automatically in a couple of days

BUG #16227: Loss database tables automatically in a couple of days

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      16227
Logged by:          Srinu Vasu
Email address:      srinivasulu@accuracy.com.sg
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system:   Windows

Hi team,

Every couple of days we are loosing our postgres server database tables
automcaticaly.
Please check this issue and give us a solution to avoid that..

Re: BUG #16227: Loss database tables automatically in a couple ofdays

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:03:37AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Every couple of days we are loosing our postgres server database tables
> automcaticaly.
> Please check this issue and give us a solution to avoid that..

It is impossible to know what is happening to you if you provide zero
details.  Tables going away would mean that DROP TABLE commands are
issues, so you may want to monitor and audit that.
--
Michael

Вложения

RE: BUG #16227: Loss database tables automatically in a couple of days

От
"srinivasulu"
Дата:
Please find the attached log file and check it once.

I will send you if you need any details

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:03:37AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Every couple of days we are loosing our postgres server database
> tables automcaticaly.
> Please check this issue and give us a solution to avoid that..

It is impossible to know what is happening to you if you provide zero
details.  Tables going away would mean that DROP TABLE commands are issues,
so you may want to monitor and audit that.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: BUG #16227: Loss database tables automatically in a couple ofdays

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
Please avoid top-posting on the mailinglist.

> On 23 Jan 2020, at 13:10, srinivasulu <srinivasulu@accuracy.com.sg> wrote:
>
> Please find the attached log file and check it once.
>
> I will send you if you need any details

I don't think this log dump qualifies as providing details, this is a volunteer
driven effort where people spend their own time.  Have you gone over them to
see if there is anything you suspect?  Looking at a single one of these, there
are numerous DROP TABLE statements in it, and we have no way of knowing if
thats expected or not.

If you need help you will have to be more specific, and provide more details.

cheers ./daniel

Re: BUG #16227: Loss database tables automatically in a couple ofdays

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 02:04:57PM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> I don't think this log dump qualifies as providing details, this is a volunteer
> driven effort where people spend their own time.  Have you gone over them to
> see if there is anything you suspect?  Looking at a single one of these, there
> are numerous DROP TABLE statements in it, and we have no way of knowing if
> thats expected or not.

Yeah.  What I can see from those logs is a bunch of logs mentioning
DDL queries doing what you are complaining about.  What you should try
to understand is from where those come from.  This comes with an effort
from your side, where you need to audit your queries, and put in place
drastic connection policies to your database.  One thing that you
should try to do first is enable log_connections and
log_disconnections.  A second is to track down the process which may
be doing that.  And that's not an issue with Postgres, that's an issue
with your server.  Postgres here simply does what it is told to.
--
Michael

Вложения