Обсуждение: broken link

broken link

От
Vladimir Svedov
Дата:
Sorry guys if wrong list again.
the TimeTravel link is broken. And Im sure many people will wonder feature like Oracle FlashBack

Re: broken link

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
On 2020/01/21 20:06, Vladimir Svedov wrote:
> Sorry guys if wrong list again.
> Please have a look at the https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/6-postgresql-extensions/
> the TimeTravel <http://www.databtech.com/go/timetravel> link is broken. And Im sure many people will wonder feature
likeOracle FlashBack

Looks like the maintainers have taken it off the web for whatever reason. Poking around in archive.org:

   https://web.archive.org/web/20190524052103/http://www.databtech.com/eng/index_timetravel.htm#

the original page seemed to contain only a PDF with some code in it (rather than
say a fully fledged extension); the PDF itself is archived here:

   https://github.com/yummyliu/papers/blob/master/TimeTravel_for_PostgreSQL.pdf

FWIW, poking around in the links under https://www.postgresql.org/download/product-categories/
(which personally I've never seen before) there are a fair few projects and products linked
where the link is no longer valid or points to a repository where the last commit was
years ago.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: broken link

От
Vladimir Svedov

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 14:08, Ian Barwick <ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2020/01/21 20:06, Vladimir Svedov wrote:
> > Sorry guys if wrong list again.
> > Please have a look at the https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/6-postgresql-extensions/
> > the TimeTravel <http://www.databtech.com/go/timetravel> link is broken. And Im sure many people will wonder feature like Oracle FlashBack
>
> Looks like the maintainers have taken it off the web for whatever reason. Poking around in archive.org:
>
>    https://web.archive.org/web/20190524052103/http://www.databtech.com/eng/index_timetravel.htm#
>
> the original page seemed to contain only a PDF with some code in it (rather than
> say a fully fledged extension); the PDF itself is archived here:
>
>    https://github.com/yummyliu/papers/blob/master/TimeTravel_for_PostgreSQL.pdf
>
> FWIW, poking around in the links under https://www.postgresql.org/download/product-categories/
> (which personally I've never seen before) there are a fair few projects and products linked
> where the link is no longer valid or points to a repository where the last commit was
> years ago.
>

> Regards
>
> Ian Barwick
>

> --
> Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
>   PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

Thank you!
Maybe its worth of removing then?

Re: broken link

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 1/21/20 8:38 AM, Vladimir Svedov wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 14:08, Ian Barwick <ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On 2020/01/21 20:06, Vladimir Svedov wrote:
>> > Sorry guys if wrong list again.
>> > Please have a look at the
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/6-postgresql-extensions/
>> > the TimeTravel <http://www.databtech.com/go/timetravel> link is

I did a scan of their current website and they do not appear to
reference this project anymore. I have contacted them to ensure that
this is the case and offer a chance to re-list, but have removed the
entry for now.

> Maybe its worth of removing then?

I do this periodically (which used to be ~5yrs, now trying to do ~1yr
:-) and we are approaching that period.

The "painful" one tends to be professional services as those entries
tend to fluctuate more than the ones in the software catalogue. However,
I have noted that it has been noticed and will get to it soon.

We have had discussions on trying to somewhat automate the process of
checking, though we've not made any headway there, yet.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

Re: broken link

От
Vladimir Svedov

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 16:02, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On 1/21/20 8:38 AM, Vladimir Svedov wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 14:08, Ian Barwick <ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com
> > <mailto:ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

> > https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/6-postgresql-extensions/
>
> I did a scan of their current website and they do not appear to
> reference this project anymore. I have contacted them to ensure that
> this is the case and offer a chance to re-list, but have removed the
> entry for now.
>
> > Maybe its worth of removing then?
>
> I do this periodically (which used to be ~5yrs, now trying to do ~1yr
> :-) and we are approaching that period.
>
> The "painful" one tends to be professional services as those entries
> tend to fluctuate more than the ones in the software catalogue. However,
> I have noted that it has been noticed and will get to it soon.
>
> We have had discussions on trying to somewhat automate the process of
> checking, though we've not made any headway there, yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Thank you!