Обсуждение: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      15893
Logged by:          shaurya jain
Email address:      12345shaurya@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.3
Operating system:   CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

Dear Team,

I am having version 10 and version 11 on two servers. below command for
backup is not working in 11 but works fine in 10:-

pg_dump -U postgres -Fc >> all_db_04_07_2019.dump --verbose

pg_dump: last built-in OID is 16383
pg_dump: reading extensions
pg_dump: identifying extension members
pg_dump: reading schemas
pg_dump: reading user-defined tables
pg_dump: reading user-defined functions
pg_dump: reading user-defined types
pg_dump: reading procedural languages
pg_dump: reading user-defined aggregate functions
pg_dump: reading user-defined operators
pg_dump: reading user-defined access methods
pg_dump: reading user-defined operator classes
pg_dump: reading user-defined operator families
pg_dump: reading user-defined text search parsers
pg_dump: reading user-defined text search templates
pg_dump: reading user-defined text search dictionaries
pg_dump: reading user-defined text search configurations
pg_dump: reading user-defined foreign-data wrappers
pg_dump: reading user-defined foreign servers
pg_dump: reading default privileges
pg_dump: reading user-defined collations
pg_dump: reading user-defined conversions
pg_dump: reading type casts
pg_dump: reading transforms
pg_dump: reading table inheritance information
pg_dump: reading event triggers
pg_dump: finding extension tables
pg_dump: finding inheritance relationships
pg_dump: reading column info for interesting tables
pg_dump: flagging inherited columns in subtables
pg_dump: reading indexes
pg_dump: flagging indexes in partitioned tables
pg_dump: reading extended statistics
pg_dump: reading constraints
pg_dump: reading triggers
pg_dump: reading rewrite rules
pg_dump: reading policies
pg_dump: reading publications
pg_dump: reading publication membership
pg_dump: reading subscriptions
pg_dump: reading large objects
pg_dump: reading dependency data
pg_dump: saving encoding = UTF8
pg_dump: saving standard_conforming_strings = on
pg_dump: saving search_path =
pg_dump: saving database definition

It is working perfectly in version 10. Please help me out. It was useful for
me to restore a particular DB from all DB backup.

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 07:35:39AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I am having version 10 and version 11 on two servers. below command for
> backup is not working in 11 but works fine in 10:-

What is the error you are seeing?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
shaurya jain
Дата:
Dear Team,

Please respond to this, It's creating a bottleneck to me.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 1:16 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 07:35:39AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I am having version 10 and version 11 on two servers. below command for
> backup is not working in 11 but works fine in 10:-

What is the error you are seeing?
--
Michael

--
Thanks and Regards,
Shaurya Jain

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 18 Jul 2019, at 11:19, shaurya jain <12345shaurya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please respond to this, It's creating a bottleneck to me.

You have yet to respond with the actual error is that you’re seeing, which you
were asked within minutes of your report.  Without knowing what is going wrong,
there is no way of diagnosing.

Looking at your commandline, have you verified that the postgres role exists in
the cluster you are attempting to dump?

cheers ./daniel

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 02:49:10PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> You have yet to respond with the actual error is that you’re seeing, which you
> were asked within minutes of your report.  Without knowing what is going wrong,
> there is no way of diagnosing.

Thanks Daniel for clarifying.  Unfortunately, that's what I was
waiting for.  No information => no way to understand what is going on,
all this applies to all bug reports.  There is no way we can just
guess what's wrong in your setup.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
shaurya jain
Дата:
Dear Team,

My concern is so simple that the below command is taking full instance backup in version 10 and in 11 it is taking only Postgres DB backup.

pg_dump -U postgres -Fc >> all_db_04_07_2019.dump --verbose

Kindly suggest me some way to take full instance back up and restore a particular DB.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 8:21 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 02:49:10PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> You have yet to respond with the actual error is that you’re seeing, which you
> were asked within minutes of your report.  Without knowing what is going wrong,
> there is no way of diagnosing.

Thanks Daniel for clarifying.  Unfortunately, that's what I was
waiting for.  No information => no way to understand what is going on,
all this applies to all bug reports.  There is no way we can just
guess what's wrong in your setup.
--
Michael

--
Thanks and Regards,
Shaurya Jain
Mobile:- +91-8802809405

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 12:22:36PM +0530, shaurya jain wrote:
> My concern is so simple that the below command is taking full instance
> backup in version 10 and in 11 it is taking only Postgres DB backup.
>
> pg_dump -U postgres -Fc >> all_db_04_07_2019.dump --verbose
>
> Kindly suggest me some way to take full instance back up and restore a
> particular DB.

Please do not top-post.  This is not the style of the PostgreSQL
community mailing lists.

I am afraid that you still are giving zero clue about what is going
wrong.  Giving a command does not help.  Giving information about the
error happening does help, and pg_dump reports any errors when it
normally words, even if you use incorrect credentials to connect to
PostgreSQL.  Are you sure for example that your database user is the
correct one?  Without this information, nobody will be able to
understand what is wrong and help you.  If you do not know how to
capture errors from stderr, well...
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
shaurya jain schrieb am 19.07.2019 um 08:52:
> My concern is so simple that the below command is taking full instance backup in version 10 and in 11 it is taking
onlyPostgres DB backup.

> pg_dump -U postgres -Fc >> all_db_04_07_2019.dump --verbose
>
> Kindly suggest me some way to take full instance back up and restore a particular DB.

pg_dump never took a "full instance backup".

It was always a tool to take a dump of a single database.
And nothing has changed between version 10 and 11 regarding that

Are you confusing that with pg_dumpall? Or maybe even pg_basebackup?

Thomas