Обсуждение: bloom documentation patch

bloom documentation patch

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Hi,

Please, consider attached patch, which improves contrib/bloom documentation.

Best regards,
Oleg
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: bloom documentation patch

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:15 AM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Please, consider attached patch, which improves contrib/bloom documentation.

Hello Oleg, I have no comment on the technical details but here is
some proof-reading of the English:

+      Length of each signature (index entry) in bits, it is rounded
up to the nearest
+      multiple of 16. The default is <literal>80</literal> bits and maximum is

s/, it is/.  It is/
s/and maximum/and the maximum/

+       Bloom AM doesn't supports <literal>unique</literal> indexes.

s/supports/support/

+       Bloom AM doesn't supports <literal>NULL</literal> values.

s/supports/support/

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: bloom documentation patch

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:15 AM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> > Please, consider attached patch, which improves contrib/bloom documentation.
>
> Hello Oleg, I have no comment on the technical details but here is
> some proof-reading of the English:
>
> +      Length of each signature (index entry) in bits, it is rounded
> up to the nearest
> +      multiple of 16. The default is <literal>80</literal> bits and maximum is
>
> s/, it is/.  It is/
> s/and maximum/and the maximum/
>
> +       Bloom AM doesn't supports <literal>unique</literal> indexes.
>
> s/supports/support/
>
> +       Bloom AM doesn't supports <literal>NULL</literal> values.
>
> s/supports/support/

Thanks, Thomas, new patch attached.

> --
> Thomas Munro
> http://www.enterprisedb.com

The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: bloom documentation patch

От
Alexander Korotkov
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 11:45 PM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:15 AM Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> > > Please, consider attached patch, which improves contrib/bloom documentation.
> >
> > Hello Oleg, I have no comment on the technical details but here is
> > some proof-reading of the English:
> >
> > +      Length of each signature (index entry) in bits, it is rounded
> > up to the nearest
> > +      multiple of 16. The default is <literal>80</literal> bits and maximum is
> >
> > s/, it is/.  It is/
> > s/and maximum/and the maximum/

Thank you for these corrections.  They are pushed.

> > +       Bloom AM doesn't supports <literal>unique</literal> indexes.
> >
> > s/supports/support/
> >
> > +       Bloom AM doesn't supports <literal>NULL</literal> values.
> >
> > s/supports/support/

These two were already fixed in the version I've pushed before.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company